At Brit Media, we seek to build new tools that the world can use to better their everyday lives. We thrive off of designing software collaboratively and encourage each member of our team to lead with creative freedom. After all, our mantra is: "Creative Living" :)
As a small startup, we seek individuals who not only enjoy writing software, but who have entrepreneurial leadership styles and like to solve challenges creatively.
We are looking for a senior PHP engineer (with potential for an even more senior title, upon ability level) who appreciates and shares our values. You will work with other engineers, designers and product managers around the creation and management of new and existing apps or websites that are tangentially connected to the Brit brand, in categories like Food, Home, Weddings, Commerce and Health.
- Collaborate around the creation of new and existing products and features
- Build and maintain back end code and databases
- Design and implement site architecture
- B.S., M.S., or Ph. D in Computer Science or equivalent, or 4+ years of engineering experience
- Proficiency in PHP and SQL and relational database design
- Knowledge of what the following acronyms stand for: CSS, HTML5, PHP, AS3, C++, API, AWS
- Ninja-like problem solving and coding skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to get things done on a small team
- Knowledge of Facebook APIs
- At least one creative hobby (just to make sure you're normal)
- Experience with mobile and iPad development
- Previously designed a social application and knowledge of the Facebook API
- Professional development experience with high-traffic websites
- A big stomach... we make lots of snacks and often need recipe beta testers.