At Brit Media, we seek to build new tools that the world can use to better their everyday lives. We thrive off of designing software collaboratively and encourage each member of our team to lead with creative freedom. After all, our mantra is: "Creative Living" :)
As a small startup, we seek individuals who not only enjoy writing software, but are entrepreneurial and like to solve challenges creatively.
We are looking for a front end engineer with an eye for clean, minimal and forward-thinking design. You will work with other engineers and product managers to create new apps and websites that will be launched as separate brands under the Brit Media umbrella. If you are interested in designing innovative social software in categories like Food, Home, Style, Weddings, Commerce or Health, this job is for you.
- Collaborate around the creation of new and existing products and features
- Build and maintain applications
- Implement beautiful user interfaces
- B.S., M.S., or Ph. D in Computer Science or equivalent, or 4+ years of engineering experience
- Ability to explain, in Photoshop lingo, what “layers”, “spot healing”, “magic wand”, and “rasterize” mean
- Expert ability to get things done, especially with a small team
- Strong communication skills and comfortable working with other engineers
- You should have have at least one creative hobby (just to make sure you're normal)
- Experience with mobile and iPad design
- Previously designed a social application and knowledge of the Facebook API
- You must have tried to explain to your mom and dad that Microsoft Word is not the coolest word processing software anymore
- A big stomach... we make lots of snacks and often need recipe beta testers.